BBA MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
The Management Information Systems (MIS) major addresses the impact of computer-based information systems in a variety of organizational settings. This degree program offers a number of unique features and benefits:
- Emphasis on analysis and design: MIS students learn how to analyze, design and implement information systems required by diverse business activities in areas such as information security, integration and exchange.
- Interdisciplinary approach: Our program prepares graduates to be both business analysts (i.e., professionals who understand accounting, marketing, finance, etc.) and information system specialists (i.e., professionals who can implement information system strategies).
- Preparation to handle challenges: Our graduates possess the business, technical and leadership skills to meet the challenges presented by rapidly evolving information technology and the need to effectively incorporate this technology into business strategy and day-to-day operations.
- Emphasis on service through technology: Our degree program challenges students to improve their leadership, project management, teamwork and customer service skills so they will focus on providing outstanding service while using technology to improve people’s lives.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Students who earn a Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems have access to services that can help them manage their careers after graduation. These services include:
- Mays Business School’s Undergraduate Career Services: The Undergraduate Career Services office provides support to help students prepare for their job search, find employment and manage their careers. For further information about career services, please contact our career coordinators:
- Texas A&M University’s Career Center: The Career Center provides students with world-class resources such as career counselors, self-assessments, mock interviews, job listings and information about working abroad.
- 3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
OFFICIAL HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT
To be considered official: Your transcript(s) must have an original signature of a school official (Registrar, Principal, Controller of Examinations of the Ministry of Education) or an original school seal.
All foreign transcripts must include an English translation or credential evaluation prepared by a recognized service and include all original seals and/or signatures.
OFFICIAL SAT or ACT Scores
Due to the continued lack of availability of in-person testing opportunities, Texas A&M University will not require test scores from freshman applicants in the fall or spring 2021 or 2022 semesters. The submission of tests scores will not create any unfair advantage or disadvantage for those students who provide them.
- You must send your scores through the testing agency.
- Texas A&M SAT code is 6003 and ACT code is 4198.
- Your highest total score from a single test date will be considered for admission.
- SAT and ACT scores expire after 5 years.
English proficiency can also be demonstrated by:
- a minimum TOEFL score of 80 i-BT (Texas A&M University does not accept the MyBest TOEFL score), or
- a minimum SAT Evidence Based Reading and Writing (EBRW) score of 560
- a minimum ACT English score of 21,
- a minimum PTE Academic score of 53,
- A minimum IELTS Academic test score of 6.0 overall band (Texas A&M University does not accept the IELTS General test)
- completing all four years in a high school within the U.S.
- Duolingo English Test and English3: Texas A&M University is temporarily accepting both the Duolingo English Test and English3 online assessments from applicants where TOEFL and IELTS exams are impacted due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns. Applicants from affected countries may submit Duolingo English Test (105 minimum) or English3 scores (67 minimum) to satisfy English proficiency requirements for fall 2021, spring 2022, and fall 2022 admission.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 90 USD