Postgraduate Diploma in Communication Studies
From investigative journalism to screenwriting and from digital media to public relations, this one-year intensive postgraduate program equips you with skills in the communications field.
Select from a range of papers that best suit your interests or choose a specialized pathway in which you can develop and extend your creative and professional practice in a particular discipline.
Taught by staff who are internationally known as experts in their field, the Postgraduate Diploma in Communication Studies is a combination of academic and creative options. It provides a relevant and flexible entry into postgraduate study.
AUT CITY CAMPUS
Our City Campus is in the heart of Auckland. It is AUT’s biggest campus and home to most academic units and the central administration, including the Vice-Chancellor’s office.
- March Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The AUT Employability and Careers team helps you consider your career options and develop the skills you need to stand out to employers and become a highly employable graduate.
Visit us at the Employability Lab to:
- Improve your CV, job search or interview techniques – we offer workshops and online tools
- Increase your networking skills – come to our career fairs, workshops and employer presentations
- Source work experience and voluntary work – meet up with employers at our employer events
- Find your career focus – talk to a career specialist about your career direction or study programme.
AUT Internz partners with employers overseas, as well as locally, to offer new AUT graduates opportunities to put their learning into action. Westpac, Lululemon and Allbirds are among the employers welcoming AUT interns and full time graduate employees.
The Employability Lab hosts a number of events like career fairs, expos and presentations where – as potential employees - students and graduates can meet employers. We also run regular career development workshops and recruitment events.
Workshops and employer presentations
We are connected with many employers who provide the leadership speaker series, industry panels and talks about potential employment with their organisation, including internship and graduate opportunities.
Past presenters include Samsung Electronics NZ, MYOB, Deloitte, BNZ, NZME, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Counties Manukau DHB and AR/VR Garage.
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
- Bachelor of Communication Studies or equivalent OR
- Relevant professional qualification or experience approved by the Dean to be equivalent to a bachelor’s degree
A selection interview may be required.
- Course Code: AK1299
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Postgraduate Diploma in English and New Media Studies at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in English and New Media Studies at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Visual Arts at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Design at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Gastronomy at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Gastronomy at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)