Bachelor of Communication (Honours)
Graduates of the Bachelor of Communication degree may undertake a further year of full-time (or equivalent part-time) study designed to further develop and encourage students in their area of interest in communication. This degree prepares students for careers in communication as well as providing a pathway into Research Higher degrees study.
Program learning outcomes
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- Acquiring discipline knowledge of communication theories for media industries.
- Demonstrate written and/or oral skills appropriate for academic and professional practice.
- Information literacy: expanding understandings of professional communication and media industry terminology, processes and practices.
- Critically apply discipline knowledge: developing skills using communication processes and technologies to create professional media products/outputs.
- Engage with ethical and interdisciplinary issues: develop an objective attitude to community dilemmas and sensitivity towards complex social issues.
- Capacity for analytical thinking: critiquing communication environments and processes to address multi-faceted communication issues.
- Critically reflect on professional judgement: applying creative problem-solving techniques including understandings of effective collaboration and teamwork.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have successfully completed a Bachelor of Communication or an equivalent program with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 (credit grade average) calculated from;
- Across the entire degree program; or
- Across a major in the proposed discipline of study, if the degree program includes such a major; or
- Across 80 units of 3000 level courses (which must include at least 40 units of 3000 level courses in the major where a major exists); or
- Where the applicant has completed less than 80 units at 3000 level, a GPA of 5.5 calculated from at least 60 units of 3000 level courses (which must include at least 40 units of 3000 level courses in the major where a major exists).
In exceptional circumstances, the above requirements may be varied with permission of the Head of School and Pro Vice-Chancellor.
No more that two years must have elapsed since completion of the undergraduate degree.
Application for the Bachelor of Communication (Honours) program is made directly to the University using the End–On Honours Application Form
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 027449M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Music at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Visual Communication Design (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Music (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Fine Art (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Development Studies (Honours) at University of Newcastle