Master of Architecture (Professional) and Heritage Conservation
The Master of Architecture (Professional) and Heritage Conservation (MArch(Prof)HerCons) will give you a sound platform for the realities of contemporary practice.
In less time than it takes to complete both degrees separately, you will gain the qualification necessary to practice as a professional architect*, as well as develop the skills and knowledge to assess, value and work with heritage buildings.
This program is professionally accredited, recognized by New Zealand Registered Architects Board (NZRAB), the New Zealand Institute of Architects (NZIA) and the Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA).
*If you wish to become a practicing architect, you must complete this program (or any of our MArch(Prof) programs) as well as additional requirements from the registration boards.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Successful completion of an MArch(Prof)HerCons qualifies you to work as an architectural graduate, with the goal of gaining full professional registration. You can also contribute to the industry as a heritage conservationist, historian or consultant.
Jobs related to this program
- Architect (following successful completion of additional professional registration requirements)
- Architectural historian
- Building technologist
- Conservation architect
- Cultural adviser
- Heritage consultant
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree in architecture
- GPE 4.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Robotics and Automation Engineering at University of Auckland
- Master of Architecture (Professional) and Urban Planning (Professional) at University of Auckland
- Master of Aerospace Engineering at University of Auckland
- Master of Marine Studies at University of Auckland
- Master of Information Technology at University of Auckland
- Master of Engineering Studies at University of Auckland