Master of Education and Theology
What this course is about
The Master of Education and Theology enables students to apply advanced knowledge of the nexus between education and theology in professional practice contexts such as faith-based schools and prepares them for further learning in these disciplines.
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Education and Theology:
- have mastery of educational and theological concepts which underpin the practice and mission of faith-based learning contexts
- have skills to reflect critically on professional practice in faith-based learning contexts, informed by education and theological theory
- apply insights from the dialogue between education and theology to generate and evaluate complex concepts in professional practice and further learning
- have communication and technical research skills to investigate, interpret and justify theoretical propositions and professional decisions in faith-based learning contexts
- apply relevant skills in the disciplines of education and theology through the execution of a substantial research-based project, capstone experience, or piece of scholarship.
Australian Lutheran College
Australian Lutheran College is a diverse learning community, committed to learning for life, providing excellence in theological education and training that prepares tomorrow's leaders in church and community.
Catholic Theological College
At Catholic Theological College our emphasis on personal reflection and pastoral service, combined with our excellence in academic rigour, enables us to offer students opportunities for deeper understanding of our faith and ways to explore how faith can contribute to our contemporary world.
Yarra Theological Union
Yarra Theological Union is an inclusive and welcoming community, Catholic by tradition and ecumenical in spirit. We are committed to being a community of scholarship, prayer and pastoral care.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Usually between 2 and 4 years, depending on your qualification.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have:
- an undergraduate degree
- have obtained a qualification recognized for teacher registration in Australia
- have two years of full-time teaching experience or part-time equivalent
Attend an interview
It is a requirement that all students attend an admissions interview with an academic advisor at a College. This will be a Course Advisor in the case of coursework applicants, and a Research Coordinator in the case of a higher degree by research applicants. The interview may be conducted by telephone or email or similar means. The purpose of the interview is to help you choose the right course, to ensure you meet the admission requirements, and to plan a program of study appropriate to your course and your needs.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 300 AUD
- Master of Theology (Research) at University of Divinity
- Master of Theology (Coursework) at University of Divinity
- Master of Theological Studies at University of Divinity
- Master of Spirituality at University of Divinity
- Master of Spiritual Direction at University of Divinity
- Master of Pastoral Care at University of Divinity