Master of Science Construction Project Management
This programme is at NQF Level 9 and it has been designed for participants who want to develop their Construction Project Management knowledge and skills at the postgraduate level. While it is open to NQF Level 8 degree holders from construction-related disciplines (e.g. Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Architecture, Architectural Technology, Construction Management), it is also open to those with either NQF Level 7 qualifications or Professional Body qualifications in addition to relevant work experience.
Applicants for this one-year full-time programme are a mix of recent graduates as well as others who are returning to higher education. Completing this programme and gaining the MSc qualification will enable the successful participants to obtain employment in the dynamic Engineering and Construction Industry (Irish and International) and generally enhance their overall career prospects.
This programme aims to:
- Develop a deep understanding of and competence in the key project management processes in a construction environment;
- Develop the participants’ research knowledge and capabilities, thus enabling their application to the management of projects, innovation and continuous improvement in the construction industry.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
International Students are advised to contact the WIT International Office before submitting an application via PAC. The International Office staff will give guidelines on how to apply and use PAC. The International also assists the Programme Leader and the Head of Department in their assessment of each International applicant’s educational qualifications and suitability for the program.
This includes a detailed review of all relevant documentation and in many cases interviews (e.g. via Skype). Applicants whose first language is not English must submit evidence of competency in English.
The MSc in Construction Project Management is at NFQ Level 9 and has been designed to meet the accreditation standard of Engineers Ireland at the Chartered level. Candidates who enter the program with the relevant Level 8 qualification accredited by Engineers Ireland or recognized under the Washington Accord will have fully satisfied the education requirement for Chartered Engineer status on graduation with the MSc in Construction Project Management*.
However, it is important to note that those candidates (Irish and/or International) who enter via the RPL process or have a degree qualification that is not accredited by Engineers Ireland/Washington Accord will have to subsequently confirm with Engineers Ireland on a case-by-case basis if they have fully met the education requirement for Chartered Engineer.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD553
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Master of Science Innovative Technology Engineering at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Science Construction Project Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Science Sustainable Energy Engineering at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Engineering Electronic Engineering at Waterford Institute of Technology