Bachelor of Communication (Advertising)
Designed to inspire the next generation of ‘big idea’ thinkers, the professionally accredited Bachelor of Communication (Advertising) gives you the skills to understand complex audiences, analyze media effectiveness and hone your creative thinking. Prepare for the challenges and excitement of developing incisive brand communication for the digital era as you work across real-world projects and connect with advertising practitioners.
Discover what makes a good ad by exploring the principles and practices of advertising. You’ll also experiment with future-focused approaches to brand communication, and critically evaluate the role and impact of advertising on society.
From your first year, you'll connect with a network of advertising professionals who will become part of your learning journey. Better still, you’ll build valuable industry experience and enhance your resume with an internship at an advertising agency, or with an 'in-house' brand or creative team.
Do you have a way with words and consider yourself a confident problem-solver?
If you're a strategic thinker and like to understand what motivates people, you'll relish the chance to work on real-world client briefs throughout your studies, helping you forge valuable connections with industry professionals.
Through this course, you'll be immersed in:
- advertising principles and practices
- branded content
- copywriting and ideation
- emerging advertising media
- creative work
- strategic planning.
Work Integrated Learning experiences are embedded within the course’s core units.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Pursue a career in agencies, or work in-house in the commercial, corporate, government, and not-for-profit sectors. Deakin graduates find work in roles such as:
- account manager
- advertising art director
- advertising copywriter
- digital creative
- brand specialist
- digital marketer or media specialist
- marketing and communications officer
- media researcher or planner
- social media coordinator.
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- (standard class XII):- 65%
Admission Requirements Specific Entry for applicants with recent secondary education (previous three years) will be based on their performance in a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education, with pre-requisite units 3 and 4; a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or 20 in English other than EAL. Applicants will be selected in accordance with the published Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) for that year.
Entry for applicants with previous Tertiary, VET, life, or work experience will be based on their performance in:
- a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR
- a Diploma in any discipline or 50% completion of a Diploma in a related discipline OR
- successful completion of relevant study at an accredited higher education institution equivalent to at least two Deakin University units OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent for example relevant work or life experience
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application
- Course Code: 095289C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Arts at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Property and Real Estate/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business Analytics at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws at Deakin University