Bachelor of Laws
Launch an exciting career in law and make a name for yourself in corporate, community or government legal sectors.
If you’d like a dynamic and fulfilling job in law, learn from the best at VU.
Through this law degree you’ll get a broad perspective on legal practice and gain specialist academic and professional skills including:
- ethical judgement
- legal research and writing
- interviewing and negotiation
- relevant legal professional computing skills.
Thanks to our partnerships with the courts and community legal services, you’ll also gain practical, real-world experience of the justice system – helping you along the path to a rewarding career in law.
We also offer Honours in Law for our high academic achievers.
The City Queen Campus is made up of two main heritage buildings in the heart of Melbourne's legal precinct, and two smaller buildings. It has the Victoria Law School, Law Library and moot courts
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
When you graduate from a Bachelor of Laws at Victoria University, you’ll be in high demand because we’ll make sure you’re job-ready.
You could work as a lawyer or in legal practice in areas including criminal law, family law, commercial law and business. Many of our graduates choose to work in community legal centres providing legal access to disadvantaged groups, and in not-for-profit organisations.
Roles in the legal field include:
- policy adviser
- legal adviser
- human-rights advocate.
Industries in Melbourne with the greatest demand for law graduates are banking and finance, corporate/commercial, litigation, private equity, projects, property, tax and workplace relations.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 040190B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Criminology at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Youth Work at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Social Work at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Outdoor Leadership at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Laws (Graduate Entry) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Education Studies at Victoria University