Master of Legal Studies
Suited to professionals from non-legal backgrounds who require some knowledge of legal matters. Professionals who will particularly benefit include accountants and auditors, architects and town planners, business development managers, compliance managers, engineers, IT professionals, police and public sector staff.
This program has a similar structure to the Master of Laws and offers six specializations: Corporate and Commercial Law, Environmental Law, Human Rights Law, International Law, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, and Public Law.
The MLS allows the cross-disciplinary study of postgraduate courses from other University of Auckland faculties, enabling you to advance your professional skills while acquiring knowledge of the law.
Available locations:- City Campus
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
As the MLS is tailored to professionals from non-legal backgrounds who require some knowledge of legal matters, but who do not necessarily want to practise law, there is a wide range of professionals who will benefit. Please note that completion of this degree will not satisfy the entry requirements for admission as a barrister and solicitor in New Zealand and is not a substitute for an LLB degree.
Jobs related to this program
- Accountants and auditors
- Architects and town planners
- Business development managers and compliance managers
- IT professionals
- Public sector staff
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Social Work (Professional) at University of Auckland
- Master of Social Work at University of Auckland
- Master of Social and Community Leadership at University of Auckland
- Master of Educational Leadership at University of Auckland
- Master of Education Practice at University of Auckland
- Master of Education at University of Auckland