Master of Business (Accounting)
Study a globally-recognised accounting degree with the Master of Business (Accounting).
Gain a strong foundation and conceptual knowledge of recent developments in sustainability and global trends in accounting. You'll develop specialist knowledge in accounting, economics and finance and learn the skills you need to succeed in a senior accounting position in a variety of industries.
Upon completion of this course, you will be eligible to apply for accreditation with CPA Australia and/or the Chartered Accountants – Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ).
City Flinders Campus is a modern building in the centre of Melbourne’s busy central business district (CBD) You could be studying courses as diverse as osteopathy and business at this campus. It is opposite Melbourne’s grand Flinders Street Station, the Yarra River and the Southbank precinct. The campus is a perfect location for transport, shopping, food and cafes, or to hold a special event at our our Convention Centre.
Victoria Sydney(VU Sydney)
Victoria University (VU) is a world-class university, ranking in the top 2% of universities worldwide (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020). It's also the first Australian university to deliver the award-winning way of learning – The VU Block Model. VU Sydney is an international-only campus. Students come from over 45 different countries around the world to study at our modern, accessible campus, situated in the heart of one of the world’s most liveable cities.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Employment opportunities for accountants are very common and span a variety of roles in many different industry settings including public accounting practice, commercial and government organisations.
This course could lead to a career as a:
- general accountant
- taxation accountant
- management accountant.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Master’s (by Coursework)
- Bachelor's degree Completed with a degree classification of Second Division (55%), academic requirements may vary depending on the institution at which the qualification was obtained.
Master’s (by Research)
- Bachelor's degree Completed with an overall average of all subjects (in the final year) 70%.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
You will need to provide evidence that you have achieved one of the following levels of English language proficiency :
- IELTS (academic module): Overall score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL Internet: Test score of 79. Section score no less than:
> Listening: 19
> Speaking: 19
> Reading: 18
> Writing: 22
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score of 58-64 (with no section score less than 50)
- University of Cambridge - Advanced (CAE): Overall score of 176. No individual band less than 169.
- VU English - English for Academic Purposes (EAP) (Level 6): Achieved.
IELTS, TOEFL, PTE and CAE: These tests must be taken no more than two years prior to commencing your course.
In some cases, we will accept test results from other methods of examination not listed in this table.
- Course Code: 083298A, 083037M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Enterprise Resource Planning at Victoria University
- Master of Sport Business at Victoria University
- Master of Tourism Hospitality and Events Management at Victoria University
- Master of Tourism and Destination Management at Victoria University
- Master of Supply Chain Management at Victoria University
- Master of Project Management at Victoria University