Arabic and Russian A BA
Learn two major world languages and deepen your understanding of the modern world by exploring the history and culture of the nations that speak them on this fascinating 5-year course. If you have A-level Russian or equivalent, this degree will improve and refine your language skills, and introduce you to various aspects of Russian culture, history and politics.
You will have the opportunity to spend two years abroad, with a year in Russia and another in an Arabic speaking country, which will provide you with invaluable first-hand experience of the languages and let you fully immerse yourself in the cultures of the regions.
Arabic is a vital language for understanding societies in the Middle East and the Islamic world while Russia plays an important role on the global stage and is one of the world’s largest economies. If you’ve never studied Arabic before, this degree will allow you to learn it from scratch. A combination of core and optional modules will give you a firm grounding in both languages while you study the topics that suit your interests including Islamic thought, Arabic culture and Middle Eastern history Dostoevsky or the language of the Russian media.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies BA at University of Leeds
- Portuguese and Russian B BA at University of Leeds
- Portuguese and Russian A BA at University of Leeds
- Linguistics and Philosophy BA at University of Leeds
- Languages, Cultures and Politics BA at University of Leeds
- Languages, Cultures and Philosophy BA at University of Leeds