Master of Business Administration (Healthcare Management)
Deakin's MBA (Healthcare Management) is jointly run and managed by the Deakin Business School and the School of Medicine. It offers the best of both worlds - the core of Deakin's MBA program and a tailored set of health units designed to prepare you to manage and lead healthcare services in Australia and overseas.
We recognize that the efficient management and delivery of healthcare will be one of the most pressing challenges facing economies over the coming years. The program offers you the opportunity to tailor MBA studies to the particular issues and challenges associated with the healthcare sector. You will learn the very latest in business and management thinking - and have the opportunity to tailor it to healthcare settings.
To excel in a healthcare organizational environment or management role today, you need more than mere business knowledge. You need a comprehensive understanding of the policy context you work in, and skills to formulate and implement strategies that are necessary to operate efficiently and effectively.
To manage the growing challenges of the nation's health and provision of healthcare, you not only need to understand the health policy and funding context, but also the business end of healthcare delivery such as financing, marketing, and economics.
This course offers an advanced combination of business insight and healthcare focus to succeed in this critical area of health service delivery.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
As healthcare service delivery becomes complex because of changing population, disease profile, and medical technology; so has the requirement for qualified healthcare managers increased. There is a pressing need for trained and skilled healthcare executives and leaders in Australia and the Asia-Pacific to lead and manage healthcare service delivery into the future.
The Deakin MBA (Healthcare Management) course content has been developed in consultation with industry and academics with several years of industry experience. With the Deakin MBA (Healthcare Management) qualification in hand, you are well-positioned to either progress in your existing healthcare management career or embark as a healthcare manager.
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum admission criteria:
- Bachelor degree in any discipline and three years of relevant work experience*, or
- successful completion of a Masters Qualifying Program (MQP) and three years professional/managerial work experience, or
- Graduate Certificate in a related discipline and five years professional/managerial work experience, or
- Graduate Diploma equivalent (professional pathways)
* Must be in a managerial or professional role. Applicants must demonstrate decision making responsibility in a range of areas such as budgeting, staffing, project management, financial management, or other relevant professional experience
For course entry purposes, the following considerations may also be applied:
(i) Full-time, minimum of 12 months clinical internships took post-graduation by MBBS/BMBS/MBChB/BDS graduates may be considered equivalent to one year of the required 3 years’ professional work experience.
(ii) All recognized ^ postgraduate medical and/or dental fellowships may be considered as relevant professional work experience (^ recognized by their country’s licensing or regulatory bodies).
All applicants must provide the following with their application:
- current curriculum vitae
- current contact details of two referees who can be contacted concerning their work experience
- a one-page brief outlining why they believe that their work experience would be valued by their MBA peers
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 093045F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Construction Management (Research) at Deakin University
- Master of International Relations at Deakin University
- Master of International Relations (International) at Deakin University
- Master of Energy System Management (Professional) at Deakin University
- Master of Energy Systems Management at Deakin University
- Master of Business (Sport Management) at Deakin University