Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Leadership
This program is designed to develop the knowledge and skills that aspiring and current educational leaders need to meet the need for high-quality, equitable learning opportunities for all children.
The courses are taught by nationally and internationally respected academic staff whose research has had a considerable impact on New Zealand’s educational policy and practice.
- Equips you with skills and knowledge to advance your leadership, career and salary prospects.
- Includes opportunities for workplace projects.
- It can be taken as a stand-alone qualification or as a pathway into the Master of Educational Leadership.
The Epsom Campus is the main campus for the Faculty of Education and Social Work and is home to approximately 3500 students.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This program provides you with the knowledge and skills needed to be an outstanding leader in the education sector.
Jobs related to this program
- Education consultant
- Policy development manager (education)
- Professional development facilitator
- School head of department
- School principal
- School senior leadership team member
- Senior teacher
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
You must have completed an undergraduate degree from a recognized university (or similar institution) and a professional qualification in teaching (or similar profession).
Note: If you already hold the same or a substantially similar qualification, you may not be admitted to this program. This includes the Master of Education in Educational Administration, the Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Management, and the Master of Educational Management at the University of Auckland.
You will also need at least three years’ practical experience in teaching (or in a related profession) including experience in a formal or informal leadership and/or management role.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Supervision at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Social and Community Leadership at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Supervision at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Law at University of Auckland