Power, Participation and Social Change MA
Explore the challenges of power relations, participation and citizen engagement – and what it means to facilitate change processes in pursuit of social justice.
We’ve designed our MA for experienced practitioners and social activists. It combines coursework with work-based learning and action research.
- critically reflect on your own practice
- learn about different conceptual and methodological approaches to participation
- develop your analysis and facilitation skills to engage with change processes at various levels.
A core component of this course is the four-month period of work-based action learning. You'll examine your own practice and that of your host organisation or social process, seeking to apply your learning in a beneficial way.
This course is taught at the Institute of Development Studies (IDS).
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelors degree with an overall mark of at least 55-70% depending on your university.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- International Education and Development MA at University of Sussex
- Education MA at University of Sussex
- Early Years Education MA at University of Sussex
- Social Work MA at University of Sussex
- Criminology and Criminal Justice MA at University of Sussex
- Early Years Education (with Early Years Teacher Status) MA at University of Sussex