Bachelor of Nursing (Honours)
Students who perform well during the Bachelor of Nursing degree may undertake a further year of full-time (or equivalent part-time) study to obtain an Honours degree. The Honours degree is designed to develop students' knowledge and skill in research and theory development, and involves a research project in a selected field of nursing. It is intended for registered nurses who wish to prepare themselves for higher degree studies and for leadership in nursing practice, research and education.
Program learning outcomes
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- Demonstrated an understanding of the philosophical and ethical issues that underpin the knowledge base of the discipline of nursing.
- Appreciation of a broad range of research methodologies that may be used to investigate the discipline of nursing.
- The ability to conceive, plan and carry to completion a discrete piece of scholarly work relating to an area of nursing practice.
- Critically appraised nursing research in the delivery of health care to individuals, families, groups and communities.
- Demonstrated an openness to new ideas and unconventional critiques of received wisdom.
- Adapted knowledge to new situations.
- Collaborated with others in the pursuit of knowledge.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the discipline, appropriate professional knowledge and skills and high ethical standards.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must hold a Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent degree with a grade point average of 5.0 or better.
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 095696K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Coastal and Marine Science at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Laws (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Public and Community Health at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (Joint Medical Program) at University of Newcastle