Computational Mathematical Finance MSc
The MSc in Computational Mathematical Finance (CMF) is a dynamic new programme with the aim to deliver high quality training in the theory of Mathematical Finance with strong emphasis on computational methods.
Currently graduates in this field are expected to have a working knowledge of advanced computational finance (including construction of algorithms and programming skills) as well as a sound knowledge of the theory of Probability and Stochastic Analysis. These are the core theories needed in the modern valuation of complex financial instruments.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates can expect to go on to work in major financial institutions or to continue their studies by joining PhD programmes.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 degree, or its international equivalent, in mathematics or a mathematical subject such as statistics, physics or engineering. You must also have relevant programming experience (at least one semester undergraduate programming course, in any language e.g. C, C++, Java, Python, passed at 2:1 level).
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Computer Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Poultry Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Conservation Genetics with Wildlife Forensics MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Ancient Worlds (Archaeology and Classics) MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Advanced Clinical Practice MVetSci at The University of Edinburgh
- UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training in Biomedical Artificial Intelligence MScR at The University of Edinburgh