Master of Dance Studies
Dance research fosters an independent examination of creative practice, pedagogy, history, people and society. In the Master of Dance Studies program, you will critically examine practices, theories, and issues that you find personally and professionally challenging and stimulating. Along with advanced specialist knowledge of dance, you will gain intellectual and life skills that will equip you for employment, global citizenship and community involvement.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study boosts your potential to build a sustainable career in dance, academia and research, contributing to influential projects in dance and the wider arts community.
Jobs related to this program
- Arts administrator/manager/director
- Cultural adviser/educator
- Professional choreographer
- Professional dancer
- Secondary school specialist dance teacher
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Urban Planning (Professional) and Urban Design at University of Auckland
- Master of Urban Planning (Professional) and Heritage Conservation at University of Auckland
- Master of Urban Planning (Professional) at University of Auckland
- Master of Urban Planning at University of Auckland
- Master of Urban Design at University of Auckland
- Master of Theology at University of Auckland