Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
The degree of Master of Philosophy is available in all Faculties of the University and is awarded without classification on the basis of examination of a major thesis. The requirements for the degree shall be completed by submission of a thesis, which demonstrates the ability of a candidate to conduct a research program, a command of the knowledge and skills pertinent to the area of investigation, and a critical appreciation and understanding of the relationship of the candidates work to the work of others within the subject area according to the literature.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
1200 Mair Street, Ballarat Vic 3350 PO Box 650, Ballarat Vic 3350
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 Locked Bag 2002, Strathfield NSW 2135
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Canberra Campus (Signadou) 223 Antill Street Watson, ACT 2602
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A candidate for the degree of Master of Philosophy must comply with the Research and Professional Doctorate Degree Regulations.
An applicant for admission to candidature for the degree of Master of Philosophy must have completed one of the following:
- An appropriate undergraduate degree with Honours at a minimum level of Second Class Division A (Distinction average); or
- Postgraduate research training (eg coursework completed to distinction level or higher or a master-by-coursework degree); or
- Demonstrated research experience with evidence of capacity to undertake independent research work (eg an authored publication).
Meeting the eligibility requirements for admission is not in itself a guarantee of admission. The candidate’s potential to undertake research, the quality and feasibility of the research proposal, the availability of appropriate supervision and the referee’s reports will all be taken into consideration.
- Course Code: 017784A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A