Bachelor of Science Molecular Biology with Biopharmaceutical Science
What is the BSc in Molecular Biology with Biopharmaceutical Science?
This is a three year full-time course designed to train you to work in the areas of biopharmaceutical, biomedical, environmental or food related industries. With further qualifications you could become a science researcher or a secondary school science teacher.
Why is Molecular Biology and Biopharmaceutical Science important?
Molecular Biology and Biopharmaceutical Science includes the understanding of how organisms work from microscopic to multi cellular organism level. It also involves the use of living organisms (mostly microbes but also other cell types) to produce drugs and other useful products. This work requires suitably qualified scientists who understand these biotechnological processes and how they can be controlled. This three year degree is designed to train you in processes such as traditional and advanced molecular biology techniques, analytical testing and microbiological analyses which are important skills required to work in biopharmaceutical, environmental, food and related industries.
What subjects will I study?
Year 1 of this programme will give you a solid foundation in both the theoretical knowledge and basic lab skills in biology, chemistry and physics. As you progress through years 2, 3 of the programme you will gain specialist scientific skills in areas such as microbiology, molecular biology, pharmaceutical biotechnology and quality management, key skills for your future career.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD205
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Creative Computing at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Multimedia Applications Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computer Forensics and Security at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Media Development) at Waterford Institute of Technology