Chemistry with Summer Research Placements MChem
At Sussex, you’re taught by today’s leading chemists, whose research is making world-changing impact in many areas, including renewable energy, drug design and cancer, and making the world’s tiniest magnets.
We focus on core modules during the first two years. This enables us to offer you an unrivalled choice of modules in year 3, allowing you to tailor your degree to your interests. Amongst other topics, you can study:
- the structure of drug molecules and designing potential new, improved medicines
- quantum chemical methods
- the principles of lasers and their application, amongst other areas.
In your integrated Masters year, you’ll develop advanced research skills by working alongside our world-leading staff in Chemistry on ground-breaking discoveries. There are also paid research placement opportunities during the summer holidays.
You can also take an extra year to do a professional placement or study at an international university.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Baccalaureate
(Typical offer - 36 points overall from the full IB Diploma)
- Evidence of existing academic ability in Chemistry is essential.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Biochemistry (with an industrial placement year) BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Genetics MSci at University of Sussex
- Ecology, Conservation and Environment MSci at University of Sussex
- Ecology, Conservation and Environment BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Mathematics with Economics MMath at University of Sussex
- Mathematics with Economics BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex