Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Science
In an age of increasing technological advancements, the synergy between science and information technology will only become stronger. IT underpins virtually all areas of science and the world needs graduates who can straddle both.
In this double degree course, you will acquire creative and analytical skills to use IT to advance science. This could be anything from designing a stunning visualization of scientific data to building an app for fieldwork data collection to set up the business IT processes to deliver a scientific product via the internet. Your combined IT and science skillset will be in high demand from industry.
This course leads to two separate degrees:
- the Bachelor of Information Technology, and
- the Bachelor of Science.
You will gain all the benefits of each degree course (see Bachelor of Information Technology/Bachelor of Science) and be fully equipped to pursue a career in either field separately or to combine the two in your chosen work.
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Monash Arts Jobs and Careers
Monash Arts prepares our students for their professional futures and the impact they create in their organisations and communities.
There are over 81,240 Monash Arts alumni across 130 countries. Our global community includes The Hon. Daniel Andrews MP, The Hon. Dan Tehan MP, Adam Bandt MP, Bill Shorten MP, Sarah Abo, Yalda Hakim, Vance Joy, Professor Sharman Stone, Professor Emeritus Ariel Heryanto, H.E. Mr Arthur Spyrou, H.E. Mr Saleumxay Kommasith and thousands of influential graduates impacting communities, nations and the world for good.
We work as ...
Monash Arts graduates work as: Authors, Ambassadors, Analysts, Artists, Consultants, Creative Directors, Communication Specialists, Criminologists, Digital Consultants, Diplomats, Educators, Entrepreneurs, Executives, IT Specialists, Journalists, Media Presenters, Musicians, Linguists, Lawyers, Marketers, Media and Communication Specialists, Politicians, Policymakers, and a wide range of occupations.
With the flexibility of combining our Arts degree with Business, Engineering, Education, Science, IT and over 40 majors to choose from, our career opportunities are amplified.
We work in ...
The Arts, Business, Education, Government, IT, Science Law, Education, Not-for- Profit sectors.
Our top 20 employers in Australia include:
- ANZ Ban
- Coles Group
- Deakin University
- Department of Environment, Land, Water
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Department of Education & Training
- Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade
- Department of Justice
- Department Premier & Cabinet
- Ernest & Young
- Herbert Smith
- Latrobe University
- Minter Ellison
- Monash Health
- Monash University
- National Australia Bank
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 percent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
- Equivalent Australian Year 12
Recent secondary education
- All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites or their equivalents.
Australian VCE subjects
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in English other than EAL.
- Units 1 & 2: satisfactory completion of two units (any study combination) of General Mathematics, Mathematical Methods or Specialist Mathematics or Units 3 & 4: any mathematics
- Units 3 & 4: at least 25 in one of Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Geography, Mathematical Methods (Any), Specialist Mathematics, Physics or Psychology
- At least 4 in English SL or 3 in English HL or 5 in English B SL or 4 in English B HL
- At least 3 in any mathematics subject
- One of Biology (any), Chemistry (any), Geography (any), Mathematics SL, Further Mathematics SL, Mathematics HL, Physics (any) or Psychology (any)
- Course Code: 085536J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Bachelor of Biomedical Science at Monash University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Master of Advanced Engineering at Monash University
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Arts at Monash University
- Bachelor of Information Technology at Monash University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Bachelor of Science at Monash University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science at Monash University