Master of Disaster Management
Focusing on the major issues of disaster resilience and risk reduction, the MDisMgt equips you with the applicable skills to confidently solve complex problems in high-pressure environments.
We implement a holistic approach to disaster management and provide the knowledge needed to plan frameworks, create policies, and device solutions. A compulsory component of this program is a research project, where you will demonstrate the critical thinking and analytical skills needed to independently approach a real-world issue in a disaster setting.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
This is a new five-hectare campus adjacent to the major business area in Newmarket. It will provide the University with a site for expansion over the next 50 years.
Originally established as the School of Medicine, the Grafton Campus (opposite Auckland Hospital on the boundary of Auckland Domain) houses the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, including a café, health services, and the Philson Library.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Recent disasters have generated a need to gain expert and specialist knowledge for many professionals, making this a highly relevant programme. Disaster management is an inherently people-focused discipline, and our graduates have found work within the humanitarian field, as well as within governmental agencies.
Jobs related to this programme
- Civil defence manager
- Disaster resilience specialist
- Disaster risk reduction specialist
- Emergency preparedness specialist
- Government policy adviser
- Hazards analyst?
- Humanitarian field worker
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Supply Chain Management at University of Auckland
- Master of Business Analytics at University of Auckland
- Master of Taxation Studies at University of Auckland
- Master of Property at University of Auckland
- Master of Marketing at University of Auckland
- Master of International Business at University of Auckland