Bachelor of Health Science (Podiatry)
Studying podiatry develops your skills and clinical reasoning to work as a podiatrist in both the private and public sectors. AUT is the only university in New Zealand where you can study a podiatry degree.
Podiatry focuses on the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of common conditions affecting the lower limb and foot. After successfully completing AUT's podiatry degree, you can apply to register as a podiatrist in New Zealand and overseas.
Clinical placements in hospitals, primary health organizations, private practices, and AUT’s on-campus podiatry clinic are a key part of this program. These placements are your chance to experience all aspects of a podiatrist’s caseload, and a great networking opportunity. You can practice and perform minor surgical procedures in AUT’s purpose-built surgical theatre.
AUT NORTH CAMPUS
Our North Campus is on Auckland’s North Shore and offers facilities including student accommodation, cafes and our biggest sports centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
To work as a podiatrist you need to hold a degree in podiatry and be registered by the Podiatrists Board of New Zealand. Qualified New Zealand podiatrists are able to practice in Australia, Singapore, and the United Kingdom.
Podiatrists practice privately or in public health, and in specialized areas. Podiatrists work with a range of people and issues:
- Sports podiatry – involves working with the novice to the professional athlete to prevent, manage and rehabilitate sports-related injuries
- High-risk foot – involves managing populations with diabetes and rheumatological conditions
- Older adult podiatry – involves the promotion of health and management of long-term conditions that affect the lower limb and foot
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
- Must be capable of meeting Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act (HPCA Act) requirements and Children's Act 2014, including police clearance
Applicants with English as a second or other language who have not completed at least three years of secondary schooling in NZ will be required to meet IELTS requirements.
- One year of successful study towards an undergraduate degree at a recognised institute.
- Higher Secondary School Exam or All-India Senior School certificate with an average of 75% in the four best subjects, with a minimum of 60% in English.
- Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum of 60% in English.
- Bachelor degree with upper second division.
- GCE A levels with a minimum of three A-level grades, with one grade being at least ‘C’ or higher. A result in General Studies cannot be included.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with successful completion of a minimum of 24 points.
- Cambridge International Examination - a minimum of 120 points on the UCAS Tariff* at A or AS level from any subjects which are broadly equivalent to the subjects in the NCEA approved subject list. Must include at least three subjects (excluding Thinking Skills) with grades D or above. Numeracy: A minimum grade of D in International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) mathematics or any mathematics subject at AS or A level. Literacy: A minimum grade of E in English Language and/or English Literature subject at AS or A level.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) with three A-levels including at least one C grade or better. A result in General Studies cannot be included among the 3 on which the application is based.
- Course Code: AK3713
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Health Science in Psychology at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Sport and Recreation at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Nursing) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)