Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Laws
The Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws is designed to produce well-rounded graduates ready for legal practice and a range of professional careers in an increasingly global environment. You can pursue a range of careers including:
- private practice as a solicitor or barrister
- legal officer in the public sector
- in-house counsel for a wide range of organisations including corporations, regulatory authorities and NGOs
- government administration
- media and communications
- public and policy development
As a graduate of this double degree you will be well placed to develop specialist legal practice in a wide range of fields. This includes education; cultural institutions; commerce and industry; communications; community and charitable organisations; creative industries; social and policy research; and tourism and travel.
As part of this degree you complete up to 80 hours of pro bono work (after your first year), providing you with firsthand experience of the legal system while allowing you to contribute to the common good.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This double degree is designed to produce well-rounded graduates ready for legal practice and a wide range of professional careers in an increasingly global environment.
Graduates can pursue a range of legal careers including: private legal practice as a solicitor or barrister; legal officer in the public sector (for example in federal or state government departments and publicly-funded organisations such as universities or public broadcasters); in-house counsel to a wide range of organisations from corporations to trade unions; public interest legal work in community legal centres; and legal research.
Completing this double degree is also excellent preparation for an equally diverse range of careers across Government administration; Teaching and staff training; Archives, museums and libraries; Art institutions; Commerce and industry; Communications and writing; Community and charitable organisations; Creative industries; Heritage organisations; Social research and policy organisations; Tourism and travel industries.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
Applicants whose first language is not English must have either:
Successfully completed at least two full-time years of study in secondary or higher education where the medium of study was English; or
Demonstrated their English proficiency, as set out below:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Overall Score: 7.0, Individual Score: 6.5 in all tests.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language – Academic (TOEFL), From an Internet–based total of 94, achieve a minimum of 24 in writing, 20 in speaking and listening, 19 in reading.
- Course Code: 079428G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Philosophy at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Global Studies at Australian Catholic University (ACU)