Master of Information Systems (Advanced)
The Master of Information Systems (Advanced) is a postgraduate coursework offering aimed at meeting emerging demands for a new generation of technology professionals ready to deal with the challenges of complex systems. The offering will focus on the communication and computing infrastructure of enterprises and public organisations as they grapple with addressing contemporary socio-environmental challenges, and in creating a sustainable society. Students will study information systems management, processes and models, data analytics, planning and decision-making and knowledge management.
This course provides working professionals a unique opportunity to upskill to meet the job demands of an increasingly digital world of the future
MIS (Adv) graduates will be able to lead and create value from the financial, environmental and social nature of any type of organisation.
This course additionally allows professionals to obtain essential research skills, providing a pathway into a research degree in IS.
Admission to this course is restricted to students enrolled in the Master of Information Systems (C04405) or Master of Information Systems (Extension) (C04401) and is made by internal course transfer.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The MIS (Adv) is designed for professionals interested in moving into an information systems career as much as for those working in information systems or related jobs (such as Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, IT Manager, Chief Information Officer, or IT Consultant) to extend expertise and develop their career.
Roles include Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, IS/IT Manager, Information Management Specialist, Data/Enterprise Architect, Digital Transformation Consultant, Business Process Manager, Supply Chain Manager, System Modeller or Data Visualization Expert in a range of sectors such as energy, transport, smart cities, business, and government.
The research skills acquired through this course can lead to a research career in IS, such as one affiliated with think tanks or via a PhD in an IS related field.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- Applicants are required to have: (i) completed 48 credit points in the Master of Information Systems (C04405) or Master of Information Systems (Extension) (C04401); and (ii) received approval from a member of academic staff to act as their research project supervisor.
Minimum English Language Requirement
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 0100832
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Cybersecurity (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Information Systems at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Technology at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Science in Internetworking at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Science in Internetworking (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Information Technology at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)