Graduate Certificate in Health Research - 133JA
If you’re an experienced health professional or health policy advisor considering further study into health research; or unable to commit to full-time study - then the Graduate Certificate in Health Research offers the freedom and flexibility to explore multiple areas in Health Research on a full time or part-time basis.
This course covers epidemiology, research planning, how to perform statistical analyses and to understand the qualitative and quantitative aspects of the research process.
As part of this course, you’ll also learn industry methodologies as well as using ethical and economic considerations for research and acquire crucial technical writing skills.
This course also offers a direct pathway for those looking at gaining a Ph.D. in Health.
The University of Canberra is located in the suburb of Bruce in the Australian Capital Territory. Surrounded by Lake Ginnindera, the new suburb of Lawson, Radford college and residential housing, regular public buses can drop you right on campus. Open space, natural calm, tall trees and wildlife. Close to the city. Convenient to shopping. Great food, cool cafes, events and markets; a buzzing social hub with something for everyone. Student accommodation, an on-campus medical and counselling centre, the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Public Hospital, Belconnen Shopping Mall and a variety of restaurants are all within walking distance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A Graduate Certificate in Health Research can lead to a range of career and research opportunities in health or health-related fields such as:
- Research Assistant
- Research Associate
- Clinical Researcher
Completion of this course also offers a pathway into a Ph.D. in Health, through further study.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A completed bachelor degree in a health discipline* or a minimum of five years work experience in the health sector
* Health disciplines include public health, health studies, exercise physiology, exercise science, exercise and sports science, medical science, biomedical science, health science, human movement, physiotherapy, physical therapy, applied science, human biology, medicine, rehabilitation science, human nutrition, occupational therapy, speech pathology, optometry, nursing, midwifery.
Admission to this course is competitive. Applications will be assessed on the basis of academic merit and the number of available places.
For More Information Please Connect to Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 069528J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Research - 134JA at University of Canberra
- Graduate Diploma in Nutritional Science - 174JA at University of Canberra
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmacotherapy - 302JA at University of Canberra
- Graduate Certificate in Human Movement Science - 868AA at University of Canberra