Chinese and Thai Studies BA
This degree is a challenging and exciting opportunity to learn two languages from scratch, and spend a year in each country to develop your skills and cultural awareness.
You’ll build your listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in each language through core modules, and you’ll be introduced to the culture, history and politics of East Asia and the Asia Pacific region.
You’ll also expand on this knowledge through a wide range of optional modules, allowing you to focus on development issues, Chinese culture, East Asian religious practices, Japanese cinema and recent Thai history among others. Leeds is one of Europe’s largest centres for East Asian Studies, so we can offer flexible and varied degrees that allow you to pursue your interests.
However, perhaps the most exciting element of your degree will come in your second and third years, when you’ll study in China and Thailand to improve your language skills and gain a deeper appreciation of each nation’s unique culture.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music, Multimedia and Electronics BSc at University of Leeds
- History and Philosophy of Science and Physics BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography and Geology BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography with Environmental Mathematics BSc at University of Leeds
- Sociology and International Relations BA at University of Leeds
- Social Policy and Sociology BA at University of Leeds