Master of Sustainable Development and Humanitarian Action
Natural disasters, poverty, injustice, conflict. All around the world, the environment in which development and humanitarian workers find themselves is more complex and diverse than ever.
This course – developed in association with Save the Children – builds a unique, global platform where development & humanitarian practitioners and academics can share knowledge and experience, with a focus on improving leadership, preparedness, and response capacities to national and international emergencies and developmental issues.
Deakin’s Master of Sustainable Development and Humanitarian Action provides you with the analytical skills needed to understand the contexts of sustainable development and humanitarian programs as well as practical skills to apply in the field.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Students completing this course will be able to work in the development and humanitarian sector. This includes working for both international based non-governmental organizations as well as local community-based organizations, national and provincial government departments, donors, and multilateral organizations.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to study postgraduate coursework at Deakin is based on recognition of your professional experience and previous qualifications.
Admission is based on:
- Bachelor honors (AQF8) degree in a related discipline or
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline, plus two years of relevant work experience or
- Graduate certificate or graduate diploma in a related discipline or
- Evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent.
Mandatory student checks
Any unit which contains work-integrated learning, a community placement, or interaction with the community may require a police check, Working with Children Check, or another check.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: A705
- Course Type: Online
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Laws - Major Thesis at Deakin University
- Master of Social Work (Research) at Deakin University
- Master of Education (Research) at Deakin University
- Master of Laws (LLM) at Deakin University
- Master of Politics and Policy at Deakin University
- Master of Humanitarian Assistance at Deakin University