Graduate Certificate in Peace and Conflict Studies
Develop an understanding of varied forms of conflict and resistance, and ways to move from conflict to peace.
The Graduate Certificate in Peace and Conflict Studies will build your knowledge about the forces that generate contemporary conflict and the processes and practices that contribute to conflict, resolution and peacebuilding.
The half year full-time (or part-time equivalent) program is delivered by world-renowned academics and researchers with expertise in areas such as Indigenous politics, gender, ethics, justice, development, security and the environment. They'll draw on their research experience in conflict settings to help you develop an understanding of varied expressions of conflict and resistance, and ways to move from conflict to peace.
The program is housed in the Graduate Centre in Governance and International Affairs within UQ’s School of Political Science and International Studies, which is recognised internationally as a leader in peace and conflict studies research and teaching.
You'll study alongside students from a range of countries and backgrounds, giving you a global perspective. There are opportunities for applied fieldwork experience, independent study or research experience on Australian or overseas projects.
- Study at UQ’s School of Political Science and International Studies, recognised globally as a leader in peace and conflict studies research and teaching.
- Benefit from topics covering issues such as peacebuilding, conflict resolution and prevention, mediation, nonviolence, gender and security, as well as peace and development.
- Learn how conflicts emerge and how they can be managed and solved in a nonviolent manner.
- Graduate ready for a range of careers nationally and internationally, within government, professional and non-government organisations.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Approved degree or equivalent in any discipline; or
Have completed the school's aptitude test in spoken and written Japanese and English to the standard set by the Executive Dean.
Proficiency in spoken and written Japanese and English. See English Language Proficiency requirements.
Candidates must sit and pass the Aptitude Test set by the School of Languages and Cultures before being admitted to the program. A fee may apply for the Aptitude Test. More information about the aptitude test, and test dates can be found on the School of Languages and Cultures website.
IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ
TOEFL IBT - Overall 87, listening 19, reading 19, writing 21 and speaking 19.
TOEFL PB - Overall 570, listening 54, reading 54, writing 59/5.
Pearsons - Overall Score of 64 and 60 in all sub bands.
BE - A minimum overall grade of 4 plus a minimum grade of C in all macro skills.
CES - Overall 176 and 169 in all sub bands.
OET is not accepted.
- Course Code: 089179D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Certificate in Public Health at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Public Health at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Governance and Public Policy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Governance and Public Policy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies at The University of Queensland