Bachelors of Science / Education (Secondary)
Combine your passion for science with the skills, knowledge and practical experiences required to be a secondary school teacher.
This four-year dual program allows you to combine your passion for science with the qualifications to become a secondary teacher. You'll benefit from a thorough preparation for your teaching areas, combined with – and informed by – professional studies in the area of education.
The Bachelor of Science provides the content knowledge for two teaching areas whilst the Bachelor of Education (Secondary) provides the necessary skills, knowledge and practical experiences required for teacher registration and employment.
The education component offers school-based learning and draws on the latest research into effective teaching methods, ensuring you graduate well-prepared for secondary school teaching, or training in business or industry. It's a challenging and rewarding career, with secondary school teachers in demand worldwide.
You'll explore and challenge your thinking in the science component, which offers one of the broadest selections of science disciplines in Australia. You'll develop your interdisciplinary scientific knowledge and practical skills, while pursuing studies that suit your interests and ambitions, with the freedom to mix and match course combinations.
- Graduate with two degrees and become an expert in two or more science teaching areas
- Gain early experience in classrooms with placements available from your first year
- Graduate with high-level teaching ability and a wide range of scientific skills, ready to excel in a challenging and rewarding profession.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 061063B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- BACHELOR OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Journalism at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Business Management at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Arts at The University of Queensland
- BACHELOR OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement & Nutrition Sci / Tourism, Hospitality & Event Mgmt at The University of Queensland