Electrical Engineering and Electronics PhD/Mphil
We are strongly committed to building on our research strengths, pursuing novel interdisciplinary projects and maintaining a good balance between strategic, applied, industrial and fundamental research.
Establishing an international dimension to our research is a further priority, as is creating a “research and teaching continuum”, in part by nurturing postgraduate students to become future researchers.
This development drive has led to a near doubling of the research output within the census period for the last RAE.
We consistently achieve high research grades including top ratings for most of our research areas in the most recent Research Assessment Exercise.
Below you can find out about our research interests in-depth and about the wide-ranging PhD and other research opportunities available.
The School has a number a number of different research groups. Specific research interests can be found in our staff profiles. We welcome research proposals and will do our best to identify potential supervisors.
Application Processing Time in Days: 40
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applications are welcomed from well qualified graduates who would typically hold a UK first degree or equivalent in the first or 2:1 class, or a 2:2 class degree plus a Masters degree, in a relevant subject.
- The indicative entry requirement is an Honours degree in an Engineering, Physical Sciences or Computer Sciences subject at a level of 2:1 or above for research programmes. The above criteria should be used as a guide.
- Each application is assessed individually to reflect students’ qualifications with respect to requirements for each individual programme.
- Mature students are eligible via standard University requirements which allow appropriate qualifications plus experience as an alternative to an Honours degree.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: 24 GBP