Master of Education
If you are a practising education professional with a desire to develop an advanced understanding of your area of expertise and professional qualifications then the Master of Education is the program for you. This program will enhance your knowledge of education practice and theory, explore contemporary education issues, and connect you with the latest developments in the field. Upon graduation you will be positioned as an educational leader and open diverse career pathways that will see you excel within the classroom or take you out of the classroom.
Graduates will join a community of highly accomplished and lead teachers using world-class research to improve the lives and learning of all children.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The University of Newcastle’s Master of Education prepares you with the skills and knowledge to build on your current teaching experience and pursue a career in educational leadership. You will graduate with an advanced understanding of the values and ethical principles that underlie the broad field of education and the conduct of various research traditions in complex settings in an ethical, collaborative, professional and accountable manner. You will enter the professional workforce with the ability to articulate an educational perspective in regards to the broader community issues of ethical conduct, equity and social justice. Graduates can embark on some of the following career pathways:
- Higher Education Teacher within TAFEs and university sectors
- Education Consultant or Advisor within TAFEs, universities or schools
- Specialist Teacher in areas such as language, geography, computing and history, secondary maths, physics and chemistry
- Leadership, Coordination, Specialist or Professional Development positions in school systems
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have successfully completed a Bachelor program, or approved equivalent in order to apply for entry.
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 096748F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Health Economics, Management and Policy (Global) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Health Economics, Management and Policy at University of Newcastle
- Master of Environmental Law at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Politics) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Law) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Education) at University of Newcastle