Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Bachelor of Biomedical Science
Advances in biological sciences and demand for technological solutions are creating new opportunities for engineers. In the next 25 years, engineering will be transformed as it fuses with developments in biomedical science.
Monash University has pioneered this emerging field. Some examples include the Monash Vision Group's work on the bionic eye and our new 4D lung-imaging method. Join our scientists and engineers in developing the latest biomedical innovations and improving lives.
You will gain all the benefits of each degree course (see Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Biomedical Science) and be fully equipped to pursue a career in either or both in combination.
The course lets you combine one of six engineering disciplines with aspects of anatomy, biochemistry, clinical medicine, epidemiology, and preventative medicine, genetics, immunology, microbiology, pharmacology, physiology, and psychology. This dual degree will give you the skills you need to help solve challenging medical problems.
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 15
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 percent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
- Equivalent Australian Year 12
Recent secondary education
- All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites or their equivalents.
Australian VCE subjects
- Units 3 and 4; a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in English other than EAL.
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 25 in Mathematical Methods (any) or Specialist mathematics
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 25 in Chemistry
- At least 4 in English SL or 3 in English HL or 5 in English B SL or 4 in English B HL
- At least 4 in Mathematics SL or 3 in Mathematics HL or 3 in Further Mathematics HL
- At least 4 in Chemistry SL or 3 in Chemistry HL
- Course Code: 056482C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Master of Advanced Engineering at Monash University
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Science at Monash University
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Arts at Monash University
- Bachelor of Information Technology at Monash University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Bachelor of Science at Monash University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science at Monash University