Production Development and Management (Degree of Master of Science with a major in Production systems, specialisation in Production Development and Management - 120 credits)
The manufacturing industry now faces globalisation challenges and this is the starting point of this master's programme. The aim is to provide knowledge and competence that prepare the students for leading positions within the manufacturing industry.
Making globalisation work
Today, the manufacturing industry is an international industry. Product development and production may be carried out at different geographic locations, which require communication and coordination of the activities. The competitiveness of manufacturing companies relies to a high degree on their abilities to benefit from the increased globalisation.
Preparing for leadership
This master's programme focuses on the role that production plays within manufacturing companies. Central themes include how production systems are developed, how the design of the products and the supply chain interrelate with the production system design, and how production systems are operated and managed. The programme begins with a number of courses that provides the students with a common basis for these central themes. It ends with a final thesis work, at which the students applies the knowledge and skills gained during the program.
Connect theory with practice
An underlying idea of the programme is that the students are given the opportunity to connect theory with practice. Therefore, important parts of the programme are carried out as project assignments. This provides the students with possibilities to relate their theoretical understanding to the real conditions of the manufacturing industry. The programme is led by a management team that includes persons representing leading positions in industry, students and teachers. The management team ensures the relevance and quality of the programme.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
The applicant must hold the minimum of a bachelor´s degree (i.e the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university) with at least 90 ECTS credits in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering and management, civil engineering, or equivalent.
The bachelor´s degree should comprise a minimum of 15 ECTS credits in mathematics.
Proof of English proficiency is required.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 8000 SEK
Application Fee: 900 SEK
- Sustainable Building Information Management (Degree of Master of Science with a major in Product Development, specialisation in Sustainable Building Information Management - 120 credits) at Jönköping University
- Materials and Manufacturing (Degree of Master of Science with a major in Product development, specialisation in Materials and Manufacturing - 60 credits) at Jönköping University
- AI Engineering (Degree of Master of Science with a major in Product Development, specialisation in AI Engineering - 120 credits) at Jönköping University
- Industrial Design (Degree of Master of Science with a major in Product Development, specialisation in Industrial Design -120 credits) at Jönköping University
- Product Development and Materials Engineering (Degree of Master of Science with a major in Product Development, specialisation in Product Development and Material Engineering - 120 credits) at Jönköping University
- User Experience Design (Degree of Master of Science with a major in Informatics, specialisation in User Experience Design and IT Architecture - 120 credits) at Jönköping University