Bachelor of Education (Honours) and Bachelor of Music
In this course, you will advance your music skills, engage with the historical, creative, technical and cultural aspects of music, broaden your perspectives on music in the world, and lay the foundations for a highly rewarding career sharing all of this with children and young people as they, in turn, engage with music.
This double degree course will prepare you to teach in primary or secondary schools and beyond. Students specializing in secondary education will qualify as specialist music teachers, while students specializing in primary education will be qualified to teach across the school curriculum but with invaluable specialist expertise in music, making them in great demand.
In music, you will develop a broad knowledge and will also specialize in one of performance, composition, ethnomusicology, and musicology, or creative music technology. You will have a high-quality music education, coached to capitalize on your creative potential, and to excel, and you will learn how to provide the same for your future students. Your education studies will provide knowledge of how children and young people learn and are taught both generally and in music, and also the skills needed to develop and implement effective learning experiences in music.
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Monash Arts Jobs and Careers
Monash Arts prepares our students for their professional futures and the impact they create in their organisations and communities.
There are over 81,240 Monash Arts alumni across 130 countries. Our global community includes The Hon. Daniel Andrews MP, The Hon. Dan Tehan MP, Adam Bandt MP, Bill Shorten MP, Sarah Abo, Yalda Hakim, Vance Joy, Professor Sharman Stone, Professor Emeritus Ariel Heryanto, H.E. Mr Arthur Spyrou, H.E. Mr Saleumxay Kommasith and thousands of influential graduates impacting communities, nations and the world for good.
We work as ...
Monash Arts graduates work as: Authors, Ambassadors, Analysts, Artists, Consultants, Creative Directors, Communication Specialists, Criminologists, Digital Consultants, Diplomats, Educators, Entrepreneurs, Executives, IT Specialists, Journalists, Media Presenters, Musicians, Linguists, Lawyers, Marketers, Media and Communication Specialists, Politicians, Policymakers, and a wide range of occupations.
With the flexibility of combining our Arts degree with Business, Engineering, Education, Science, IT and over 40 majors to choose from, our career opportunities are amplified.
We work in ...
The Arts, Business, Education, Government, IT, Science Law, Education, Not-for- Profit sectors.
Our top 20 employers in Australia include:
- ANZ Ban
- Coles Group
- Deakin University
- Department of Environment, Land, Water
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Department of Education & Training
- Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade
- Department of Justice
- Department Premier & Cabinet
- Ernest & Young
- Herbert Smith
- Latrobe University
- Minter Ellison
- Monash Health
- Monash University
- National Australia Bank
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 percent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
All applicants must sit CASPer. CASPer is a requirement for many of the initial teacher education courses in Victoria. It is a non-cognitive online tool designed to assess an applicant's personal and professional attributes. CASPer can only be taken online, on specific dates between September and January.
Recent secondary education
- All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites or their equivalents.
Australian VCE subjects
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in English other than EAL
- Units 1 & 2: satisfactory completion of two units (any study combination) of General Mathematics, Mathematical Methods or Specialist Mathematics, or Units 3 & 4: any mathematics
- At least 4 in English SL or 3 in English HL or 5 in English B SL or 4 in English B HL
- At least 3 in any mathematics subject
- Course Code: 082364D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year 03 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Primary and Secondary Health and Physical Education at Monash University
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Primary Education at Monash University
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood and Primary Education at Monash University
- Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Monash University
- Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Monash University
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Criminology at Monash University