B.Ch. (Bachelor in Surgery) and B.A.O. (Bachelor in Obstetrics) Medicine
What is Medicine?
Medicine is a unique course in that students study a broad range of subjects with the overarching objective of understanding the science and practice of healing. In today’s world, medicine and the practice of healthcare are constantly evolving as new knowledge and therapies emerge to maintain and restore health through the prevention and treatment of illness. Each day brings a new patient with new challenges.
Medicine: The course for you?
The medical programme at Trinity is a challenging but highly rewarding experience. A student wishing to study medicine requires an enquiring mind, the capacity to acquire and maintain high levels of knowledge, the ability to develop effective communication skills in order to respond to the health needs of individuals, families and communities and an interest in improving healthcare at all levels.
Medicine at Trinity
Founded in 1711, the School of Medicine at Trinity has played a central role in the golden age of Irish medicine and is ranked in the top 100 universities in the world for Medicine (QS World University Rankings 2019).
Students of medicine at Trinity will follow a five-year programme. Following graduation you are required to spend one year as an Intern in an approved post before becoming a fully registered medical practitioner.
Graduate skills and career opportunities
As a doctor, you will have plenty of options to choose from when it comes to making a decision about your career. In Ireland, many graduates wait until their year as an intern is complete before committing to one area over another. Some then enter general practice, while many more continue their training as a general physician or surgeon, or in a related specialist field. Alternatively, you might, as others have done, prefer to work in an area such as hospital management, or make research your priority by opting for a career in academic medicine.
Application Processing Time in Days: 60
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
If you are an international student studying at Trinity, you might be considering internship and graduate work in Ireland, in your home country, or elsewhere. This section provides information for Non EU students on working in Ireland during and after your studies. For information and resources to support an international job search, see our Devex resource which includes international job search advice and information.
Employers value candidates who have more to offer than a good degree with high grades. They look for students who are well rounded and who have experience outside the classroom. Search for and take advantage of opportunities to gain experience, develop your skill set, and gain a clearer picture of what you like and don't like in terms of career options.
For example, you can get involved in some of the many student clubs and societies in college, volunteer or get a part time job. Remember that voluntary work is as valuable as paid work on your CV or resume - it's a great way to demonstrate your skills to future employers. Have a look at the TCD Civic Engagement website and check out volunteering opportunities in Ireland and abroad.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- General Entry Requirements
- Class XII – ISC, CBSE
- 80-90% in six subjects at XII depending on course (or 5 at Grade XII and 1 at Grade X) Mathematics up to Grade X
- 3 subjects at Grade 5 (Higher Level)
- 3 subjects at Grade 4 (Standard Level),
- including English & Maths
- 32 to 40 points, depending on course
- 4 A2 or best 3 A2 plus one AS
- Pass in English & Maths
- *75% or above / HL Mathematics required
- at Class XII level for Computer Science,Engineering, Science and Mathematics courses
*Additional requirements may apply for some courses
- English Language Proficienc Test
- IELTS - 6.5 (No individual band below 6)
- TOEFL - 90 (Written score 21)
- PTE Score -63 (No section below 59)
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 EUR
Application Fee: 55 EUR
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honours Science at Trinity College Dublin
- Environmental Science and Engineering at Trinity College Dublin
- Chemistry with Biosciences: Chemical Sciences at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honours (Moderatorship) Chemistry with Molecular Modelling: Chemical Sciences at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honors Computer Science at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honors Computer Science Linguistics and a Language at Trinity College Dublin