Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Arts
This double degree offers flexibility and cross-disciplinary strength achieved by the study of Science and the Arts. Popular with students with diverse interests, this degree opens the door to opportunities in a wide range of careers.
You will have the ability to apply quantitative or qualitative research skills and combine elements of both when required, making you an asset in many workplaces. Along with your broad based skill set, you’ll have in-depth knowledge in an area of Science and in a humanities or social science discipline.
As part of this double degree, you will undertake placements in areas of employment related to your studies, which will allow you to make professional contacts and hone your knowledge and skills to become a confident and work-ready graduate!
This double degree can be completed in 4 years of full-time study or you can study part-time.
In the Bachelor of Science component of this double degree you will study a set of core interdisciplinary Science courses including experimental design, mathematics, biology, chemistry and ecology. These courses provide you with the basis for strong skills in scientific investigation, including data collection and analysis, critical thinking, problem-solving, teamwork, and effective communication, and this ensures you will be a versatile graduate. These skills are highly sort after by employers and applicable to many workplaces both within and outside of the field of Science.
Building on these core Science courses, you will deepen your study of Science by selecting a Science Steam that matches your interests: Biology & Environment, Environment & Heritage, Human & Medical Science, or Multidisciplinary Science. Each Stream ensures in-depth knowledge and skill development through practical hands-on experience in the classroom, the laboratory, and the field.
In the Bachelor of Arts component of this double degree you will study a Major in an area such as Journalism, Film & Screen Production, Photography, Social Justice, Politics and International Relations, History, or Theatre Studies, which will give you in-depth, specialist knowledge and skills that will allow you to contribute effectively to the cultural and intellectual life of society.The Arts component will develop your ability to analyse, interpret, deliberate, draw conclusions and communicate. You will be able to consider multiple perspectives and handle ambiguity and uncertainty. These are the skills needed in the 21st century workplace.
Our foundation Campus is located in the historic West End of the port city of Fremantle, south of Perth. Housed within beautifully restored heritage buildings, it provides a ‘town university’ of great character. The iconic Campus is close to the Fremantle Harbour, cafe?s, shops and the famous ‘Cappuccino Strip’, and all major transport hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career paths across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors are diverse and depend on the Science Stream and Arts Major you choose (see individual Streams and Majors for more inspiration).
Career opportunities include work as a curator or you can work in science communications, community development, planning and sustainability, journalism, documentary film making, environmental/heritage/communications/public affairs consultancy, conservation, diplomacy, public health, youth work, human rights, policy development, corporate liaison, and research.
Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane:
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Other Locations (Regional centres and other regional areas):
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Academic requirements for this program are outlined below. We also consider your application more broadly – your non-academic achievements (such as any previous leadership roles, volunteering, work, church and/or community involvement) as well as personal qualities - your aspirations and interests and your capacity to complete your chosen program.
Applicants with recent Secondary Education:
- Indicative ATAR of 70 with a score of 50+ in ATAR English, ATAR Literature or ATAR English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EALD).
- Minimum International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 24.
- Completed AQF Certificate IV or higher in a relevant discipline, from an accredited provider such as TAFE or a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) with a score of 50+ in ATAR English, ATAR Literature or ATAR English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EALD).
Applicants with Higher Education Study
- Other university studies completed at undergraduate level or higher, a minimum of 4 successfully completed subjects;
- Successful completion of the Notre Dame Tertiary Pathway Program or of another Enabling Program at a level deemed sufficient by the University;
Applicants who have successfully completed subjects at another University, which are relevant to the selected program of study, may be eligible for Advanced Standing.
Applicants with Vocational Education and Training (VET) study
- Completed AQF Certificate IV or higher in a relevant discipline, from an accredited provider such as TAFE or a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
Applicants with Work and Life Experience
Applicants who left secondary education more than two years previously and who have not undertaken VET or higher education study since then, but with relevant work and life experience. Such experience may include, but is not limited to:
- STAT scores of at least 135 in the Multiple Choice section and 140 in the Written English section are required.
- Mature-age completion of two Year 12 WACE or HSC exams with a resulting ATAR of 70 or above
- Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) or equivalent results if these have been completed within the last 5 years.
Please note: all applicants must be of school leaving age or older to apply.
- Course Code: 045169C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Science (Major: Environmental Management) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Science (Major: Biology) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Nursing at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Major: Philosophy) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Major: Archaeology) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Major: Applied Psychology) at The University of Notre Dame Australia