Bachelor of Exercise Science (Sport Practice)
Kick off your career in sports and exercise at VU by studying our Bachelor of Exercise Science (Sport Practice).
Work with new ideas and new technologies, and gain knowledge and skills for a professional career in an area that matches your interests and passions:
- exercise science
- sport science
- sports practice
- community fitness and health
- high-performance sport
Learn from world-leading experts in sport studies, and enjoy access to our state-of-the-art facilities. You'll benefit from our hundreds of sports industry connections, with professional placements and industry networking opportunities.
This course covers biological and social sciences, with a focus on sports physiology and biomechanics. You will build a solid understanding of the science that underpins sports and exercise. Join a group of VU graduates known to be strong performers in the sports industry due to their practical experience.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This course provides you with a broad range of skills and knowledge that will allow you to gain employment in the rapidly growing sports and exercise industry.
Graduates have gained employment at elite sport organisations, leisure centres and community service organisations. Some graduates have started their own businesses in health, fitness and personal training.
Aim for a career in:
- sports science
- strength and conditioning
- fitness/skills coaching
- personal training
- exercise rehabilitation
- community fitness and health services
- sports performance
- special populations training (elderly, disability, youth).
Example job titles include:
- exercise physiologist
- personal fitness trainer
- strength and conditioning coach
- exercise and sport scientist in professional sporting group
- sport nutritionist
- exercise rehabilitation
- special populations training - elderly, people with a disability, young
- community fitness and health services.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 084833G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Psychological Studies at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management / Bachelor of Business at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Science (Osteopathy) at Victoria University