Bachelor of Social Science
You'll analyze contemporary social issues and challenges, and develop the skills, knowledge, and capacity to make a real difference in the world with a Bachelor of Social Science from UNE. With a focus on social justice and human rights, social change, gender equality, community welfare, sustainability, and cultural diversity, choose from 11 social science majors in a flexible course structure, including opportunities for on-the-job training. You'll develop vocational and scholarly skills, and learn how to conduct social research using a range of methods, techniques, and technologies from world-class social researchers.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
By completing UNE’s Bachelor of Social Science, you will be well placed for positions in the public and private sectors. Some of the areas employing social science graduates include:
- federal, state and local government departments and agencies that focus on family, community and health services
- market and social research
- non-governmental organizations including aid agencies, and advocacy groups
- human resource management
- media and journalism
- academic research.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
For direct admission into undergraduate courses offered by UNE, you must have completed an educational qualification considered to be at least equivalent to completion of Year 12 in Australia.
- Applicants holding relevant Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) Year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding relevant Indian State Board of Education Board Year 12 examination results, other than PSEB and HSEB
- Applicants holding relevant Punjab State Education Board (PSEB) and Haryana State Education Board (HSEB) Year 12 Examination
- Applications holding relevant National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding a relevant Indian post-Year 10, Year 12 equivalent 3-Year VET level Diploma results in a relevant stream
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 60% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+).
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 65% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant start, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+),
- Must have achieved an overall minimum average of 60% or First Division results
- Course Code: 016050C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Special and Inclusive Education (Primary) at University of New England
- Bachelor of Social Work at University of New England
- Bachelor of Social Science with Honours at University of New England
- Bachelor of Legal Studies at University of New England
- Bachelor of Laws (4 Years) at University of New England
- Bachelor of Laws (3 Years) at University of New England