Master of Science in Agriculture
The Master of Science in Agriculture is a program of course work, research methodology, and research designed to provide an introduction to research. The course work component is designed to provide advanced knowledge and to develop a range of skills, applicable to the candidate's background and area of interest.
Areas of specializations are animal science; meat science and technology; wool science; genetics and animal breeding; agricultural and resource economics; agronomy and soil science.
This is an approved Student Income Support course. Eligible students may apply for Youth Allowance or Austudy.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
There are opportunities in advisory and management roles in agricultural extension and property management; departments of primary industry; soil conservation; rural banking; private consultants; feed and fertiliser manufacturers; rural journalism; providing advice on scientific, technical and economic matters.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A candidate shall:
- (a) hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification; or
- (b) hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification from a recognized University in a relevant discipline*; or
- (c) hold an AQF Level 8 Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma or Bachelor with Honours qualification in a relevant discipline*.
*Relevant disciplines include, but are not limited to:
- Agricultural Economics
- Animal Science
- Rural Science
- Course Code: 000450G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Scientific Studies at University of New England
- Master of Science (Research) at University of New England
- Master of Rural Science (Research) at University of New England
- Master of Planning and Management of Natural Hazards at University of New England
- Master of Neuroscience at University of New England
- Master of Environmental Science and Management at University of New England