Bachelor of Forensic Studies/ Bachelor of Laws - NPSC02
Develop an eye for forensic detail and become a formidable force in the courtroom with UC’s Bachelor of Forensic Studies/Bachelor of Laws. We’ll give you real world opportunities to apply your scientific knowledge in the areas of crime investigation and the analytical preparation of evidence and the legal know-how to become a solicitor or a barrister.
You’ll be able to demonstrate broad theoretical and technical knowledge in the application of science in legal matters, cross-examine witnesses, transmit knowledge to judges and juries and master forensic biology and chemistry. While you build your understanding of the theory and history of law and your advocacy and legal skills, you’ll get to apply your talents in the real world with opportunities to complete a law internship and study overseas.
At UC, you can fast-track your studies during winter term and because our law course is recognised by the Supreme Courts of the ACT and NSW, begin the Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice in your final year.
Career paths? How about working in federal law enforcement agencies, DNA testing labs, quarantine services or medical and research industries, or as a lawyer, policy advisor or a consultant to the courts or police force. Insightful, indeed!
The University of Canberra is located in the suburb of Bruce in the Australian Capital Territory. Surrounded by Lake Ginnindera, the new suburb of Lawson, Radford college and residential housing, regular public buses can drop you right on campus. Open space, natural calm, tall trees and wildlife. Close to the city. Convenient to shopping. Great food, cool cafes, events and markets; a buzzing social hub with something for everyone. Student accommodation, an on-campus medical and counselling centre, the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Public Hospital, Belconnen Shopping Mall and a variety of restaurants are all within walking distance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Lab technician, researcher, law enforcer, advocate, barrister, solicitor, policy advisor, researcher and even environmental protection … UC’s Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Business degree will prepare you to hit the ground running in numerous careers offering healthy salaries. Graduates of the course will have the accredited skills and qualifications required to explore forensic and legal careers in:
- laboratories, including DNA and diagnostic testing labs
- customs and quarantine services and other protection agencies
- medical and research services
- public and private hospitals and healthcare sector businesses, including those that provide forensic, medical or research services.
- law firms
- the police force and law enforcement agencies in each state and territory
- pharmaceutical and chemical industries
- government and the public sector, including as in-house counsel, policy advisor, and in legislative drafting and law reform
- the community sector, such as community legal work and professional advocacy
- private legal practice
- education and research.
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Cities and major regional centres
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie
- Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an
additional year in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 3 years of PSW visa)
Regional centres and other regional areas
All other locations
(list of cities)
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
We also offer a number of entry initiatives that give you the opportunity to gain entry to the University via alternate pathway programs and admissions schemes.
For More Information Please Connect to Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 099018E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Justice Studies - SCB001 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Justice Studies/Bachelor of Forensic Studies - SCNP01 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Primary Education - 321JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts) - 323JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM) - 322JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Social and Economic Policy (Economic Policy) - SCB301 at University of Canberra