Master of Taxation Studies
The Master of Taxation Studies (MTaxS) is designed for both law and commerce graduates who intend to make tax advocacy or tax consulting their career and who wish to extend their understanding of the theoretical issues and legal structures that underpin the taxation system.
This program is an opportunity for graduates to develop, and for practitioners to update and hone, their knowledge of tax law. Courses are scheduled to take into account work commitments and 15-point courses are all taught intensively over three consecutive days (normally Thursday to Saturday).
The focus of the MTaxS program is on tax law, with the technical issues explained by academics and practitioners in the field. The courses cover predominantly legislation and case law applicable to taxation, but also draw from disciplines such as economics and accounting.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The inclusion of a major in Taxation as a specialist subject in your degree offers a range of professional possibilities. Tax as a career is less subject to the normal business cycles, and demand for tax professionals is always strong.
Jobs related to this program
- Barrister and solicitor
- Inland Revenue official
- Tax Accountant
- Tax practitioner in private practice, commerce or industry
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- One year of postgraduate study in business or a four-year undergraduate law degree
- GPE 4.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Supply Chain Management at University of Auckland
- Master of Business Analytics at University of Auckland
- Master of Property at University of Auckland
- Master of Marketing at University of Auckland
- Master of International Business at University of Auckland
- Master of Disaster Management at University of Auckland