This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Graduate Certificate in Garden Design
If you're passionate about the design and creation of beautiful garden spaces, the Graduate Certificate in Garden Design can help you turn that passion into a career.
You'll learn about holistic design principles, how to choose and use the right plants for the right situations, and develop skills in drawing and graphic presentation.
Study while you work
Classes are generally in the evenings, so regardless of whether you're a seasoned industry professional or newly-inspired green thumb, you'll have time to participate.
Learn at a garden campus
You'll spend your time getting your hands dirty – literally – alongside horticulture experts at our beautiful Burnley campus and beyond.
Keep it real
We build on theory, but our teaching focuses on real-world examples and case studies, with plenty of practical activities and excursions, to make sure you leave the course with the practical knowledge you’ll need in the workplace.
Our Burnley campus is dedicated to environmental and ornamental horticulture, with nine hectares of heritage-listed gardens.
Application Processing Time in Days: 60
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our graduates work as: landscape and garden designers, landscapers, garden maintenance professionals, and horticulturalists.
Employers in this field include:
- Local government
- Government organisations
- Environmental consultancies
- Private contractors.
Graduate Diploma packaged with Masters degree would allow 2 years PSW. Packaging of offers depends on the sole discretion of Faculty.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You need to successfully complete an undergraduate degree, either from the University of Melbourne, another Australian institution, or a university overseas. You also need to meet English language requirements and be eligible to be offered an international graduate place.
- If you've achieved high marks in your Melbourne undergraduate studies you can even be made an early offer. Depending on your previous studies and experience you could also be eligible for credit towards your studies at the University.
TOEFL – you need a score from a minimum of 577+ including a score of at least 4.5 in the Test of Written English for a paper-based test. Or a score of at least 79 and scores of at least 21 for writing, 18 for speaking, 13 for reading, 13 for listening for an internet-based test.
IELTS – you need a score from a minimum of 6.5 or more in the Academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS), with no bands less than 6.0.
Pearson Test of English – you need an overall score from a minimum between 58-64 inclusive and achieve no PTE communicative skills score below 50.
Cambridge English, Advanced/Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) – you need a Cambridge English Score from a minimum 176 with no skill below 169.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Music (Tailored Program) at University of Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma in Music (Practical Music) at University of Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma in Music (Musicology) at University of Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma in Music (Ethnomusicology) at University of Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma in Music (Composition) at University of Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma in Publishing and Communications (Advanced) at University of Melbourne