Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media - ARAR01
If you’re a great communicator and creative thinker who loves a good deadline, this is the double degree for you! UC’s Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communications and Media combines a flexible, professionally-oriented arts degree with the hands-on knowledge and experience required of journalists and other media communications professionals around the world.
Our wide range of arts subjects, expert teachers (with links to government and industry) and international study options will help you build the knowledge and skills to become a globally engaged editor, media programmer, content writer, marketing manager or media analyst.
You’ll graduate with invaluable lifelong networks and a critical understanding of good narrative and what makes compelling content across a range of platforms – and the ability to think outside the square to deliver novel solutions to local and international problems.
Taught in small, more personalised classes, the course offers an individually tailored learning environment that ensures each student receives the highest level of support and encouragement throughout their UC study journey.
Combine a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Communications and Media at UC and you will:
- get to choose from a range of creative Arts subjects designed around your interests
- acquire the ability to problem solve, analyse and evaluate information in a systematic, creative and insightful way
- specialise in one of four professional communications areas: journalism, marketing communication, corporate and public communication and sports media
- apply professional judgement and knowledge in adapting marketing communication theories, principles and methodologies across diverse social, cultural and organisational contexts
- explore narratives that inform, persuade and generate change.
The University of Canberra is located in the suburb of Bruce in the Australian Capital Territory. Surrounded by Lake Ginnindera, the new suburb of Lawson, Radford college and residential housing, regular public buses can drop you right on campus. Open space, natural calm, tall trees and wildlife. Close to the city. Convenient to shopping. Great food, cool cafes, events and markets; a buzzing social hub with something for everyone. Student accommodation, an on-campus medical and counselling centre, the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Public Hospital, Belconnen Shopping Mall and a variety of restaurants are all within walking distance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A UC Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communications and Media degree opens many doors in a range of sectors, including:
- creative copywriter
- advertising account manager
- content developer
- digital media specialist
- social media manager
- campaign manager
- media or marketing analyst
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Cities and major regional centres
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie
- Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an
additional year in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 3 years of PSW visa)
Regional centres and other regional areas
All other locations
(list of cities)
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
We also offer a number of entry initiatives that give you the opportunity to gain entry to the University via alternate pathway programs and admissions schemes.
For More Information Please Connect to Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 099021K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Arts and Design (Honours) - 298JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Digital Design (Visual Communication Design) at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Digital Design (Digital Media) at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Visual Arts) - ARB405 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Drama and Performance) - ARB404 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Contemporary Music Practice) - ARB403 at University of Canberra