Chinese and Japanese Studies BA
This challenging and varied degree allows you to learn two major world languages from scratch and spend two years studying abroad.
Core modules will build your skills in both languages and introduce you to the culture and history of each country. You’ll also choose from a wide range of optional modules exploring the history, culture, business practices, religions and politics of these two fascinating countries and East Asia more broadly.
But the most exciting element of the degree is the chance to spend one year in China and a second in Japan, improving your language skills and gaining first-hand experience of Chinese and Japanese culture.
You could study East Asian religions or Japanese cultural history, the rise of the non-profit sector in contemporary China or the complex dynamics of Sino-Japanese relations. You could even try translation or interpreting. It’s a great opportunity to develop language skills and gain an insight into two of the world’s biggest economies.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music, Multimedia and Electronics BSc at University of Leeds
- History and Philosophy of Science and Physics BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography and Geology BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography with Environmental Mathematics BSc at University of Leeds
- Sociology and International Relations BA at University of Leeds
- Social Policy and Sociology BA at University of Leeds