B.A. Mathematics (JH)
What is Mathematics?
Mathematics is a broad and diverse subject which is used to model, analyse and understand several applications in the physical and biological sciences, engineering, management science, economics and finance. Its numerous applications are naturally interwoven with the underlying theory which is essential in developing one’s logical reasoning, quantitative skills and problem-solving techniques.
Mathematics: The course for you?
Mathematics is an excellent choice for anyone hoping to meet the demand for mathematics graduates in the job market, which values numeracy, ability in abstract reasoning and the skill to turn ideas into methods. If you have a natural ability in mathematics and are genuinely interested in applying mathematical solutions to problem solving, then this course will suit you well. It is also a great start for a career in actuarial work, finance or accounting, although these will require further training. The course has been successful over a long period in providing diverse career opportunities for many students.
Mathematics at Trinity
Trinity is justly proud of its long tradition of excellence in mathematics. Research interest in the School of Mathematics is enormously varied; ranging from the abstract ideas of modern algebra and analysis to practical ideas of numerical analysis, modelling and computer algorithms; the nature of fundamental particles and general relativity; nonlinear systems and fluid mechanics. This departmental diversity is reflected in the specialist degree-level courses available to students. With an academic staff that brings expertise and experience from many parts of the world, the course aims to be world class, with options for study and research in a wide range of mathematical areas.
The pathways available are Single Honors, Major with Minor and Joint Honors. Click here for further information.
Do you enjoy it…
- Working with numbers?
- Solving practical problems?
- Improving your analytical skills?
Application Processing Time in Days: 60
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
If you are an international student studying at Trinity, you might be considering internship and graduate work in Ireland, in your home country, or elsewhere. This section provides information for Non EU students on working in Ireland during and after your studies. For information and resources to support an international job search, see our Devex resource which includes international job search advice and information.
Employers value candidates who have more to offer than a good degree with high grades. They look for students who are well rounded and who have experience outside the classroom. Search for and take advantage of opportunities to gain experience, develop your skill set, and gain a clearer picture of what you like and don't like in terms of career options.
For example, you can get involved in some of the many student clubs and societies in college, volunteer or get a part time job. Remember that voluntary work is as valuable as paid work on your CV or resume - it's a great way to demonstrate your skills to future employers. Have a look at the TCD Civic Engagement website and check out volunteering opportunities in Ireland and abroad.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- General Entry Requirements
- Class XII – ISC, CBSE
- 80-90% in six subjects at XII depending on course (or 5 at Grade XII and 1 at Grade X) Mathematics up to Grade X
- 3 subjects at Grade 5 (Higher Level)
- 3 subjects at Grade 4 (Standard Level),
- including English & Maths
- 32 to 40 points, depending on course
- 4 A2 or best 3 A2 plus one AS
- Pass in English & Maths
- *75% or above / HL Mathematics required
- at Class XII level for Computer Science,Engineering, Science and Mathematics courses
*Additional requirements may apply for some courses
- English Language Proficienc Test
- IELTS - 6.5 (No individual band below 6)
- TOEFL - 90 (Written score 21)
- PTE Score -63 (No section below 59)
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 EUR
Application Fee: 55 EUR
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honours Science at Trinity College Dublin
- Environmental Science and Engineering at Trinity College Dublin
- Chemistry with Biosciences: Chemical Sciences at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honours (Moderatorship) Chemistry with Molecular Modelling: Chemical Sciences at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honors Computer Science at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honors Computer Science Linguistics and a Language at Trinity College Dublin