PhD in Law
Undertake a PhD in Law at VU and contribute change to society, with a career monitoring and commenting on local and international legal systems.
PhD in Law program at VU
If you want to attain a deeper understanding of the law and its effects, our PhD program gives you the resources and support to achieve your goals.
Our research program maintains strong links with government and industry – offering access to real-world scenarios for investigation. We have partnerships with public-sector authorities such as the Department of Justice and Law Institute of Victoria, as well as private law firms.
Our governance research program focuses on:
- governance and regulation
- the scholarship of legal education
- international law
- courts and justice.
Throughout your study, you’ll have the support of a supervisory team of leading legal researchers. You’ll learn to present your research findings clearly and effectively in a thesis, and through:
- public presentations for broader audiences
The City Queen Campus is made up of two main heritage buildings in the heart of Melbourne's legal precinct, and two smaller buildings. It has the Victoria Law School, Law Library and moot courts
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A PhD in Law will help you advance your career as a barrister or solicitor. It also opens the doors to academic or government-advisory roles.
- 4 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Master’s degree with thesis;
- admissible bachelor degree Completed with a degree classification (as awarded on degree certificate) of first Division with Distinction (70%).
English Language Requirement
- Achieved an IELTS, (Academic Module) result with an overall score of 6.5 (no band less than 6) or equivalent and completed a Masters degree or a relevant four year undergraduate degree with Honours or its equivalent at a high standard.
- Course Code: 084122F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A