History is so much more than memorizing names and dates. Are you interested in technology? Religion? The environment? Human rights? If you have a question, history can help you find an answer.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
History is a rigorous but flexible major, and history majors are known for being excellent communicators and savvy researchers. Historians are experts in synthesizing disparate pieces of evidence into coherent, persuasive arguments.
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
If you are currently enrolled in high school: Official transcripts from your U.S. high school, as well as transcripts for any secondary work (grades 9–12) completed prior to enrollment in a U.S. high school. Your current U.S. high school may submit their copy of your prior school transcript.
If you are currently enrolled in high school at the time of application:
- An official copy of grade 10 secondary school examination board results officiated or attested by school official*
- Internal grades for coursework taken in grades 11 and 12, through time of application.
- In order to finalize admission, students must supply an officiated or attested copy of their grade 12 senior secondary board results.
If you have already completed high school at the time of application: Attested secondary and senior secondary/intermediate education board results*
*Board results listed on transcripts are not sufficient; we require attested copies of the actual results certificates issued by the examining board.
HONORS IN MAJOR REQUIREMENTS
To earn Honors in the Major in History, students must satisfy both the requirements for the major (above) and the following additional requirements:
- Earn a 3.300 overall University GPA
- Earn a 3.500 GPA in all HISTORY and HISTORY of SCIENCE courses
- Complete at least 36 total credits in HISTORY and HISTORY of SCIENCE coursework, 21 of which must be upper-level credits in residence1
- Complete at least 15 Honors credits in HISTORY or HISTORY of SCIENCE coursework
- Complete a two-semester Senior Honors Thesis, a piece of original work of approximately forty pages, in HISTORY 681–HISTORY 682, taken in conjunction with the HISTORY 680 Honors Thesis Colloquium both semesters. The thesis must be approved by instructors in both the thesis and colloquium courses.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD