Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours)
Extend your knowledge in Biomedical Science through an independent research project and open doors to further study options as you prepare yourself for a career at the forefront of modern healthcare.
The Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) program provides you with the opportunity to pursue an independent research project in the biomedical sciences in an area of interest under the supervision of an academic staff member.
You'll develop outstanding quantitative, problem-solving and research skills which will enable you to proceed to a higher degree or work without close supervision in a research environment in the public and private sectors.
The honours program follows on from the Bachelor of Biomedical Science. Through the additional study and research, you'll be able to further develop your knowledge and practical experience in your preferred topics, including molecular biology, pharmacology, neuroscience, immunology and infectious diseases, physiology, human genetics and developmental biology.
- Complete an independent research project of your area of interest to extend your skills.
- Research your project under the supervision of an academic staff member.
- Study over an additional year or part-time equivalent and unlock further study options.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 095077D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- BACHELOR OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Journalism at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Business Management at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Arts at The University of Queensland
- BACHELOR OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement & Nutrition Sci / Tourism, Hospitality & Event Mgmt at The University of Queensland