Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours)
Extend your knowledge in Biomedical Science through an independent research project and open doors to further study options as you prepare yourself for a career at the forefront of modern healthcare.
The Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) program provides you with the opportunity to pursue an independent research project in the biomedical sciences in an area of interest under the supervision of an academic staff member.
You'll develop outstanding quantitative, problem-solving and research skills which will enable you to proceed to a higher degree or work without close supervision in a research environment in the public and private sectors.
The honours program follows on from the Bachelor of Biomedical Science. Through the additional study and research, you'll be able to further develop your knowledge and practical experience in your preferred topics, including molecular biology, pharmacology, neuroscience, immunology and infectious diseases, physiology, human genetics and developmental biology.
- Complete an independent research project of your area of interest to extend your skills.
- Research your project under the supervision of an academic staff member.
- Study over an additional year or part-time equivalent and unlock further study options.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Biomedical engineer
- Prosthetic/orthotic technician
- Medical device engineer
- IVF scientist
- Medical laboratory scientist
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (or equivalent), with:
- a grade point average (GPA) of 4.0 on a 7-point scale, and
- a GPA of at least 4.5 at the first attempt for 8 units of courses at level 3 or higher relevant to the honours project (with a maximum of 2 units for a research project), and
- have secured an honours project and supervisor, and
- satisfied any additional requirements set by the head of school.
- Course Code: 095077D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Environmental Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Humanities / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology (Honours) (BVetTech(Hons)) at The University of Queensland