Bachelor of Music
Music breaks down barriers and encourages cross-cultural appreciation. It brings people together, communicates ideas and cultures, and gets deep into our souls and our psyche. From rock and pop to electronic, vocals and world music, it communicates and connects us in unique and special ways.
This degree – with its focuses on synergies across production and performance, including theoretical and practical study – is the only one of its kind in Australia. It will develop your theoretical, practical and industry-focused skills, as well as your musical training.
- You’ll acquire a broad range of composition and performance skills in contemporary musical disciplines, including world music, vocal studies, musical theatre, audio mixing, songwriting, interactive sound and DJ performance.
- Our state-of-the-art music facilities and technologies are unique. The acoustic studios – built by acclaimed designers – offer a range of contrasting spaces.
- Your teachers are world famous in areas such as vocal studies.
- You’ll develop a deep understanding of 20th and 21st century music practices, technologies and associated industries.
- You’ll greatly enhance your practical and professional skills, and your employability, through an internship.
- Macquarie’s music degree is unique because it, unlike most others, doesn’t require you to audition. Rather, we recognise your other learning achievements – and the informal and formal learning pathways that typically lead you to undertake music at tertiary level.
Sydney New South Wales 2109 Australia
- Feb Deadline: Dec
- July Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 7
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A Macquarie course can set your dream career in motion.
- Arts and cultural administrator
- Community arts practitioner
- Event manager
- Music journalist
- Music publisher
- Music teacher (after further study)
- Screen and game music designer
- Sound effects designer
- Sound technician
- Arts organisations
- Arts promoters
- Audio engineering companies
- Content production companies
- Cultural organisations
- Digital agencies
- Film and TV production companies
- Media agencies
- Music news organisations
After completion of Bachelor's degree student is eligible for 2 years PSW.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
For international students, Macquarie uses a selection rank to determine the minimum eligibility requirement for each undergraduate course. This rank has been converted into equivalent scores for various recognised international high school qualifications and university entrance examinations, including global qualifications like the International Baccalaureate (IB) and GCE A-Levels.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 099148F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Archaeology with a Specialisation in Cultures of Ancient Greece, Rome and Late Antiquity at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Archaeology with a Specialisation in Cultures of Ancient Egypt and the Near East at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Archaeology with a Specialisation in Cultural Anthropology at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Media and Communications at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of International Studies with a Specialisation in Chinese International Studies at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of International Studies with a Specialisation in Croatian International Studies at Macquarie University (MQU)